WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID?
Hyaluronic acid is a carbohydrate molecule that is produced naturally by our bodies. Within skin, hyaluronic acid functions by binding water to collagen and retaining that moisture. Collagen forms the structure of the dermis, and hyaluronic acid supports it in maintaining skin plumpness and bounce. The skincare industry commonly uses hyaluronic acid for skin hydration, as the ingredient is especially effective at drawing in and retaining water content.
As a humectant, hyaluronic acid promotes the absorption and retention of moisture. Able to hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water, hyaluronic acid in skin care encourages optimal hydration levels and is suitable for all skin types.
HYALURONIC BENEFITS FOR SKIN
The body's natural production of hyaluronic acid steadily slows, beginning in our twenties. SkinCeuticals hyaluronic acid can be used to replenish these levels and keep skin hydrated. Gentle enough for universal use, implementing hyaluronic acid for the skin promotes the following benefits:
- A strengthened skin barrier
- Increased hydration
- Plumper, firmer skin
- Rebalancing skin’s sebum production
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines
- Addresses dullness and helps achieve a brightened complexion
Tips for using hyaluronic acid in a skincare routine
HA benefits can be found in virtually any routine. Due to its compatibility with skin and its gentle structure, hyaluronic acid can feature in an array of products and be used alongside other skincare ingredients – including those with potent structures.
For best results, we recommend implementing SkinCeuticals hyaluronic acid products both morning and night, in a serum, mask or moisturiser. As with all skincare products, wait 1-2 minutes between steps to allow your product to absorb fully. Other hyaluronic acid tips include:
- Using a hyaluronic acid-based product alongside steps which can dry skin – such as retinol formulas, to support and retain moisture
- Using a hyaluronic acid overnight mask to reimplement moisture when skin feels especially dry
- Using a hyaluronic acid facial mist to relieve discomfort in skin
SHOP HYALURONIC ACID FOR SKIN
frequently asked HYALURONIC ACID questions
Read on for hyaluronic acid tips and application recommendations.